Top 10 tips for better washing
< Back to Tips
- Always follow the garment’s wash care label.
- Sort garments into whites and colours, then into groups by fabric types.
- Empty the pockets, remove buckles and shoulder pads, close all zips and hooks.
- Try to avoid over-filling the machine as it reduces the effectiveness of the wash and can cause over creasing.
- Always follow the manufacturers instructions for the laundry detergent and your washing machine.
- To avoid streaking and scuffing of jeans or corduroys or fading of T-shirt designs wash the garments inside out.
- Remember that delicates need special care and silk and wool are best washed with a specialist ph neutral detergent.
- If handwashing, remember not to wring, just squeeze out the water gently to avoid over creasing and miss-shaping.
- If machine washable, place delicates in a pillowcase or net bag to prevent them from being snagged in the wash.
- Always remove your wash load as soon as the cycle has finished